FUDforum
My FUDforum

Home »  » DeviceMaster UP » Serial connection from W10 to Device Master UP 1-Port (W10 to Serial Console on Remote Computer)
Serial connection from W10 to Device Master UP 1-Port [message #1361] Sat, 22 May 2021 06:07 Go to next message
RichardDL is currently offline  RichardDL
Hi,

I have a 'Device Master UP 1-Port' and I'm trying to use it to connect to the serial port of a remote computer. I just want simple serial comms between a virtual com port on my W10-PC, and the serial port of the Device Master.

If I use Windows-7 and 'Secure Port Redirector' (SPR) I can create a virtual COM port and the serial link works fine.

The challenge is I have to use Windows-10. The W7 test shows me the device is configured correctly and working. I tried SPR, and it didn't work, yes obsolete, not supported.

Now I'm trying NS-Link and not succeeding. Is NS-Link the correct thing to use?

NS-Link has a 'DriverWizard.exe' which seems to be the thing to create the virtual port? Its dialogue "Install a New Comtrol Device" has a list of devices, but not the "UP" that I have. I tried the 'Device Master RTS 1 Din Rail', but it didn't seem to do anything. No port appeared in device manager.

Any help appreciated,

Richard
Re: Serial connection from W10 to Device Master UP 1-Port [message #1364 is a reply to message #1361] Mon, 24 May 2021 15:04 Go to previous message
Kurt is currently offline  Kurt
Power User
Hi Richard,

This would be a little too involved for a forum venue. Can you call the Support number and ask one of the people? The number is 1.330.486.0001

Kurt

Kurt Rees
www.comtrol.com
http://forum.comtrol.com/

Comtrol Corporation
100 Fifth Ave NW
Minneapolis, MN. 55112
Direct +1 763.957.6000 | +1 Fax (763) 957-6001
connect. communicate. control
Previous Topic: Link/Act
Next Topic: About Modbus Router firmware
Goto Forum: