FUDforum
My FUDforum

Home »  » IO-Link Master 4-EIP » OPC UA (OPC UA)
OPC UA [message #1071] Thu, 15 November 2018 07:00 Go to next message
KevinHunter is currently offline  KevinHunter
Hi I noticed that there was a recent press release announcing that your IO-Link Master 4-EIP now supports OPC UA which is great news as this makes them extremely easy to integrate with SAP systems Smile

I had a look at the manual and it says that OPC-UA is only support by certain models, can you explain which ones support it?

If I had an older model would I be able to update it to OPC UA with a firmware update ??

A colleague is shipping me a IO-Link Master 4-EIP that we had in a lab to me to play with (its a few years old) as I have a demo with a client and if this supports OPC UA then this would be a perfect master for them.

Thanks
Kevin (SAP UK)
Re: OPC UA [message #1073 is a reply to message #1071] Thu, 15 November 2018 09:13 Go to previous message
Matt is currently offline  Matt
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your interest in the IO-Link Master!

In general, if the unit is more than a year old, it most likely does not have the OPC UA functionality built in, and unfortunately would not be field-upgradable to add OPC UA. Let me explore what options we have; would you mind please sending me your contact info by email?

Thanks,

Matt Mayfield
Comtrol Technical Support

Matt Mayfield
www.comtrol.com

Comtrol Corporation
100 Fifth Avenue NW
New Brighton, MN 55112
(763) 957-6000
Previous Topic: Mounting Hole Dimensions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Feb 21 03:54:11 CST 2020